Monday, November 24, 2008
The Reunion
Saturday went surprisingly well. I saw Jeff, Heaven, Tim, (his son,) Jayden, Boone, and Cambria. These I don't see, like I do the others. When we first arrived I was a bit nervous not knowing how things would go. I talked to everyone. And there for a minute, It seemed like we had never parted. Just like in the movie Soul Food, The dinner always brought everyone back together, just as they always were. When I stepped outside Jeff was out there and he asked for a hug. I was taken back, because this family shows no emotion, compassion, or love toward one another. I will say I hadn't realized how much I missed everyone. Sometimes I do sit back and wish everything was back to the way it used to be when we were growing up. Back then I think we were there for each other, and stood by one another. We just all fell apart. My kids would not stop talking about everyone, when we left. They said Those 2 guys are our uncle (Jeff & Tim). I said yes they are. It made me feel like crap to realize my kids do not even know their family. But what can you say or do? You can't go back in time and make things right. No one wants to call anyone to make amends or to say they are sorry. That would be too much to ask from this family. Pride is way more important to us than our family. RIGHT? So where do we go from here? Do we just sit here and wait for the next holiday, funeral, sickness, or do we do something now? I know you are reading this thinking she will not be the one to make the first move, and you're probably right. But I'm willing to if anyone else is up to it. I could go on but I'll let it lie there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Vannessa, I just wanted to say I am sorry and hope we can make amends. I am willing if you are willing. I just don't want my cousins to grow up not knowing who I am...
We cannot go backwards. We should forget the past and forgive others. .Let us have compassion and show some mercy. Most people are a product of the past. Since our childhood and past was not perfect, I would think that we could understand that we all make mistakes,and have some issues. Jesus said Let the one without sin throw the first stone.
Since we have all done ,said ,felt things, I ask that we love each other even from afar. The phone works both ways and, so does the mail. We cannot sit back expecting others to do what we won't do ourselves. Until we see each other again........all are in my thoughts and prayers. I love each person in my family.
ness ;I AM SORRY. AN I LOVE YOU. CAN YOU FIND IT IN YOUR HEART TO FORGIVE ME.I AM WILLING ARE YOU.CAN THE PAST BE THE PAST.
Post a Comment