What if the Internal Revenue Service decided that all adults should be required to return to their hometowns to pay taxes? We would call it unreasonable, at best. In a similar vein, I'm sure Mary and Joseph grumbled as they made their way to Bethlehem. The road was difficult; they were tired; they had left behind in Nazareth all that was familiar. Their future was uncertain; they were poor and inexperienced when it came to marriage and parenting. Where would they stay in Bethlehem? How long would they have to be there? Every step toward the future brought anxiety.
But there was good news to come. God was quietly working through them for the redemption of the whole world. We know that now; they didn't know that then. They had to trust.
There is good news for us as well. For most people, whether the change is huge or small, we don't like it. But in the midst of change and chaos, God is at work for our growth and individual life- for us as individuals, as families, as a church, and as the whole human race. In this season of miracles, God asks us to do one thing: TRUST
PRAYER: God of all miracles, help us to trust you when life is uncertain. Open our eyes to see your redemption unfolding. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it. AMEN
Thought for the day: Where can I find good news that makes me grumble?
My boss Mo handed me a piece of paper today and this is what it read and I just thought I would share it with you all.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like it... a lot!
Halleleuah God is with us .....
There is no better news.
Jesus came to save us. that's why when people tell me not to speak about God on my job and not to say Merry Christmas I can not and will not comply.
There is no Christmas without Jesus and God said that if he be for us Who can stand against us so Do not fear what man can do to us.
Post a Comment